BI5 keeps quiting

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I took the plunge a couple weeks ago and updated to v5. The app ran smoothly for a while, now it is constantly crashing at random intervals - usually shortly after the app starts. The app fully starts, then abruptly dies. Here's the Application Error report from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.0.4.5, time stamp: 0x5d962b83
Faulting module name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.0.4.5, time stamp: 0x5d962b83
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x0000000000edf896
Faulting process id: 0x3380
Faulting application start time: 0x01d58137e4788c45
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Report Id: 0ecdb196-238c-4cf4-bceb-65235727d3a6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The Exception Code 0xc0000094 is a divide by zero error.

I welcome any constructive suggestions on how to get this issue alleviated.

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I took the plunge a couple weeks ago and updated to v5. The app ran smoothly for a while, now it is constantly crashing at random intervals - usually shortly after the app starts. The app fully starts, then abruptly dies. Here's the Application Error report from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.0.4.5, time stamp: 0x5d962b83
Faulting module name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.0.4.5, time stamp: 0x5d962b83
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x0000000000edf896
Faulting process id: 0x3380
Faulting application start time: 0x01d58137e4788c45
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Report Id: 0ecdb196-238c-4cf4-bceb-65235727d3a6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The Exception Code 0xc0000094 is a divide by zero error.

I welcome any constructive suggestions on how to get this issue alleviated.
I would put in a support request if you haven't already; as a paying customer, you're entitled to it. There is an email support button in the BI settings/About tab which gathers basic information for your support request.

Can you share any details about your installation to help with troubleshooting here?

When you moved to v5, did you "start fresh" with a new install or did you perform an upgrade in place? Is sufficient space available for new recordings? Are you recording locally or to a remote location like a NAS? Are you running a virtual machine or on bare metal? Is your antivirus software set to exclude the directories used by BI? Any recent changes or updates to either BI or the host? Any other information that might be relevant? The more information you can provide, the more likely someone will be able to make a helpful suggestion!

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would put in a support request if you haven't already; as a paying customer, you're entitled to it. There is an email support button in the BI settings/About tab which gathers basic information for your support request.

Can you share any details about your installation to help with troubleshooting here?

When you moved to v5, did you "start fresh" with a new install or did you perform an upgrade in place? Is sufficient space available for new recordings? Are you recording locally or to a remote location like a NAS? Are you running a virtual machine or on bare metal? Is your antivirus software set to exclude the directories used by BI? Any recent changes or updates to either BI or the host? Any other information that might be relevant? The more information you can provide, the more likely someone will be able to make a helpful suggestion!
I downloaded the update and did not remove v4.
The new and alert go to c:, storage is on 6 tb NAS, which currently has 3.6 tb free space. C' drive has 90 gb free. The new and alert settings move those files to storage after 1 day.
Running on bare metal: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 16 gb ram,
Antivirus: Bitdefender, is setup to exclude all BI directories and camera storage locations.
The most recent change has been BI, no other major changes to the system.
Running 12 cameras, 1m each, not setup to record continuously - records on triggers.

Interesting to note that I did not unload v4, and it dies randomly, just like bi v5. The Eventviewer log shows the same data, but, for BlueIris 4 program.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded the update and did not remove v4.
The new and alert go to c:, storage is on 6 tb NAS, which currently has 3.6 tb free space. C' drive has 90 gb free. The new and alert settings move those files to storage after 1 day.
Running on bare metal: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 16 gb ram,
Antivirus: Bitdefender, is setup to exclude all BI directories and camera storage locations.
The most recent change has been BI, no other major changes to the system.
Running 12 cameras, 1m each, not setup to record continuously - records on triggers.

Interesting to note that I did not unload v4, and it dies randomly, just like bi v5. The Eventviewer log shows the same data, but, for BlueIris 4 program.
uninstall bitdefender - it is know to cause all sorts of issues with bi.
When you say downloaded the update do you mean the update.exe or the full version of 5. 5 must be installed using the full installer.

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I downloaded the full installer, 100 mb file.