BI5 LPR Setup Help

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or guide for setting up the LPR in BI5?

I enabled AI and that's pretty much all I did. Looking for something in layman's terms, literally a guide that says "click here" and "check this box"

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know of a guide, and searching for "plate recognizer" in the help file doesn't reveal much. I wonder if the Cloud API key in the help file screenshot is complete/valid. lol.

Anyway, it looks like you click the learn more button in the Plate Recognizer section and explore their web site, sign up for the free tier, and somewhere in your account management on that site there should be an API key which you can copy and paste into Blue Iris.

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know of a guide, and searching for "plate recognizer" in the help file doesn't reveal much. I wonder if the Cloud API key in the help file screenshot is complete/valid. lol.

Anyway, it looks like you click the learn more button in the Plate Recognizer section and explore their web site, sign up for the free tier, and somewhere in your account management on that site there should be an API key which you can copy and paste into Blue Iris.
that's as far as I've gotten. I just don't know how to set up BI to scan/read/capture/log the plates

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Add me to the "what next" pile...