BI5, wait time between email alerts

lotusandy7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have recently upgraded from version 4 to 5 with few issues, however I used to find the option to limit email alerts to a maximum of 1 email every 30 minutes very useful.
This option seems to have gone in version 5.

In BI4 it was set on the Configure email alert page, Timer wait at least x minutes between emails.

BI5 the closest I can find is on the alerts tab of camera settings, but I can’t figure out the appropriate setting to change.
Any help gratefully received.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't see how to do that just for emails, but on the Alerts tab for each camera there is an option to specify a "minimum time between alerts". That's what I use to prevent from getting back-to-back push notifications.

lotusandy7

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup I tried setting the minimum time between alerts to 600 seconds, but that seemed to stop alerts entirely!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure why setting yours to 600 seconds would make the alerts never trigger.

Mine's set to 45 seconds on each camera (for Profile 1, like below) and it works great.

Can you post a screenshot of an Alert tab for a camera (and also the Actions > On Alert... for the same camera)?

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 7.47.46 AM.png