BI5

Insanex1

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever since upgrading to BI5 it seems that there is a memory leak after a few hours BI start to take up all the memory 16+GB and the cameras start dropping off.

Another issue we have is when retrieving clips we get errors such as:
The Video stream was lost. Due to rapid failures, automatic reconnection will not occur.

I have 21 cameras set to continuous recording, Some of my system info:

Support data:
Version: Release 5.0.0.65 x64
Service: Yes
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz [45%]
RAM: 11.1G
Clips: 17497 files, 10.61T/13.68T
Storage: !! E: -3.06T

These problems didn't occur on BI4

I've also emailed support but they never email me back I never get emails from support except that they received my email. Does anyone else get this issue? It seems like support is nonexistent or they're way overwhelmed.

If I can't get these issues fixed I'm going to start looking at other software like milestone.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Or just roll back to BI4. Ive not yet tried BI5, figured I'd give it 6 or so months after release to settle.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since upgrading to BI5 it seems that there is a memory leak after a few hours BI start to take up all the memory 16+GB and the cameras start dropping off.

Another issue we have is when retrieving clips we get errors such as:
The Video stream was lost. Due to rapid failures, automatic reconnection will not occur.

I have 21 cameras set to continuous recording, Some of my system info:

Support data:
Version: Release 5.0.0.65 x64
Service: Yes
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz [45%]
RAM: 11.1G
Clips: 17497 files, 10.61T/13.68T
Storage: !! E: -3.06T

These problems didn't occur on BI4

I've also emailed support but they never email me back I never get emails from support except that they received my email. Does anyone else get this issue? It seems like support is nonexistent or they're way overwhelmed.

If I can't get these issues fixed I'm going to start looking at other software like milestone.
If you require immediate support look at other alternatives nxwitness sold as dw ipvms in north america. 70 per camera. Blue iris is developed and supported by a single person with a part time secretary. That is how he can keep the price so low.
There was a memory leak that was solved in .65. If you are still suffering a leak, its likely to be related to the intel driver. See wiki for known good drivers.

Insanex1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip but I'm actually not using hardware decoding so that shouldn't be the problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip but I'm actually not using hardware decoding so that shouldn't be the problem.
Your storage is also not setup properly, there is an over allocation issue.
The driver may be leaking, install the correct driver regardless.

Insanex1

n3wb
Reaction score
I've downgraded the drive add the upgrade policy and reduced the archive space in the software so that it's not overprovisioned and I'm still getting high memory usage and it eventually dies.

Insanex1

n3wb
Reaction score
as you can see from this picture i'm using an old driver and i'm stilling have memory issues. upload_2019-7-27_18-23-58.png

Insanex1

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand the developer is busy and doesn't have time to answer support emails but after a few weeks you would think he could answer a few questions or issues.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running the same CPU and exact same driver version as in your screenshot @Insanex1 and I have no memory leak. Running BI 5.0.0.70 x64 now. All of my cameras are streaming H.264. No H.265 and no fancy encoding tricks like "H.264+" or "Smart Codec" or "SVC". My Dahua cameras are encoding H.264H which I believe is just an abbreviation for "H.264 high profile" which is fine to use. I am using hardware acceleration on 23 out of 25 cameras, and direct to disk on 24 out of 25.

Insanex1

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the encoding matters but I'm mostly using reolink cameras that only offer h264 high profile 21 of them at 10 fps 2048 bit rate