Bike Drop

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't tell for sure if it has them but rat-trap pedals will do that to you if you're not careful....just ask Biden! :lmao:

BTW....could those tires be any fatter? Like maybe some 75R20's ? I guess running fatties at low pressure makes riding on rocks and ruts easy on the butt and easier to steer / negotiate at low speeds.

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think toe clips or clipless pedals are to blame for the drop. His left foot came off the pedal just fine, but he planted his foot too far forward. I think it was a lazy stop and he just didn't do it right. Perhaps the gravel threw him off a bit as well.

I've seen a trend toward fatter tires on comfort bikes, especially if they are electrified. Big fat heavy tires are inefficient, but who cares if you have a motor to help push you along.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw a guy do that at a redlight once on a Honda Goldwing. But he was a man and was riding a plastic couch Goldwing, which are several times heavier than the rider. Never seen a male on a bicycle go over like that......:lol: Good thing he was riding the girls bike frame, otherwise he might have hurt the boys....Wonder if he knows he is Youtube famous, for How Not To Dismount From Your Electric Scooter...... :lol:

Last edited: