Bike Rider Falls in the Street

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think she was seriously hurt. After the fall, she sat on the curb for about a minute, then got right back on the bike and rode away. She appeared to be riding an electric bike of some type. I'm not sure if she locked up the brakes or hit a pothole.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Gawd, reminds me of a few dandy's I had. More than once around that age I dumped doing jumps or wheelies. 1. Pulled a wheelie and cracked the left handlebar off... went into to the curb, with a 3.0 degree of difficulty nutbuster parfait on the stem. Rode it home with 1/2 a handle bar. 2. Building jumps. Framed up a nice 48" x 18" launch ramp. ( evel Kneivel was still doing ABC Wide World of Sports). after about 20 successful jumps or so we all went home for dinner. I came back after, and hit it one more time. I got the bike too nose up in the air. Came down with the bike pointing straight up. landed on my feet. Seat in the grapes. Another Nutbuster Parfait. Tumbled and rolled. That one took a few minutes of sitting to regain enough composure to ride that broken mess home.

Reaction score
We used to build our bikes from old scrap bikes. We would build ramps to jump as well, one jump didn't go to well for me. I soared high in the sky and when i landed the front forks holding the wheel broke off and the bike split in half. I landed belly first and got the wind knocked out of me. But i just borrowed a friends bike and did it again. She hit that ground and could not believe it. So she had to sit down and recuperate before she got back up and rode off into the wind. :)

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks way too fast (which isn't a problem till you run out of talent), looks like she locked the back wheel (again, not a problem till you run out of talent), and then the bike starts to slide to her left, which is when she ran out of talent and converted a possible low side into a high side.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought for sure she had hit her head on the pavement until carefully looking at the slow-mo. We never had helmets back in the day, but I do think they're a fine idea. That could have been a lot worse. My wife worked on the rehab department of the local hospital. It doesn't take much to completely change your life, and not for the better.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, long time no hear, @J Sigmo .....maybe I just didn't see your posts until now or you've only been lurking but either way, glad you're still among the living! :wave:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought for sure she had hit her head on the pavement until carefully looking at the slow-mo. We never had helmets back in the day, but I do think they're a fine idea. That could have been a lot worse. My wife worked on the rehab department of the local hospital. It doesn't take much to completely change your life, and not for the better.
We'll that explains a lot. Like my memory issues! Went thru the windshield of a 73 Maverick. Luckily the buckling hood showed up just in time to knock me back in the car...:)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We'll that explains a lot. Like my memory issues! Went thru the windshield of a 73 Maverick. Luckily the buckling hood showed up just in time to knock me back in the car...:)
Sounds a lot like a "Dukes of Hazzard" episode....Ah, yes.....Daisy....Daisy....Daisy....:love:
Glad you're still with us tho.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
No dain bramage I guess.
Just a bunch of missing files. Sometimes a phrase or a picture will unlock a file of memories that were inaccessible on my own. when facebook came around, I was surprised to learn my 2nd best childhood friend had 4 other siblings. But I could only remember Jeff and Lisa. I thought it was a gag. But it's Gospel. stuff like that happens. My younger brother who was glued to my side from cradle to 17...often says" remember that time when we went to blah blah blah and did blah blah blah? And I have no recall.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a bunch of missing files. Sometimes a phrase or a picture will unlock a file of memories that were inaccessible on my own. when facebook came around, I was surprised to learn my 2nd best childhood friend had 4 other siblings. But I could only remember Jeff and Lisa. I thought it was a gag. But it's Gospel. stuff like that happens. My younger brother who was glued to my side from cradle to 17...often says" remember that time when we went to blah blah blah and did blah blah blah? And I have no recall.
You need to be suspicious if he says "...remember that $20 I loaned you back in '82? With interest you owe me $87,323.15 but $85K will do since you're my brother." :highfive:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow. Looked nasty but couldn't see any blood / obvious scratches from that distance. Looked like she was going fast. I guess that's why e bikes are limited over here. I always thought the limits were stuid but seeing this maybe not.