Bill from DHL

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that works out in other countries, but in the US ordering one shouldn't be a problem by DHL or ePacket.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Where I live, the post office will return to sender any mail not addressed to a post office box, (a street address is not good enough because they do not deliver mail). I wonder how much mail I lose this way. Wouldn't be surprised if people have tried to bill me this way.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think it's realistic that a retailer/distributor in China can be responsible for knowing the import laws of hundreds of countries. Every country is different and laws change. If anything it should be Aliexpress who update their site so that if you are shipping to a particular country it warns you about the levels of duties that will need to be paid.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, where I live (Netherlands) it is made "simple" . We have a threshold that rather low and you look up the product in Taric (eu wide system for import taxes I think)
So tha tells you for example 10% import duty.
Goods 100, shipping 10, import tax than 10% over 110, after that on pays VAT over the result (21%)
So that than ends up being 146.1

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where I live, the post office will return to sender any mail not addressed to a post office box, (a street address is not good enough because they do not deliver mail). I wonder how much mail I lose this way. Wouldn't be surprised if people have tried to bill me this way.
You must be really out in the sticks.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I recently bought 16 more Hiks from two different sellers on AliExpress (8 each). One shipped DHL, the other FedEx. Both agreed to ship express for free because of the size of the orders. Both recommended valuing the cameras at less than $200 total so there wouldn't be any additional charges from the courier. I agreed, that's how they valued them, and the commercial invoice on both packages reflected a $20/camera charge. Both orders arrived within 2 days of shipping, 5 days from ordering. No issues with customs, and if what they say is true, i shouldn't receive any additional bills.

I did get a $30 charge from DHL a year or so ago, when I bought 8 cameras. The seller marked them as $400, FWIW.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have bought one each time they always write $10 value, takes a few weeks and never had import costs in Canada. I think its just DHL and FEDEX ways of making money as its not our Revenue Canada doing it or it would on everything. Always wondered though if I worked at one of those xray machines all these cheap electronic items from China. I think its just the times we live in at moment Global trade it hard to manage and they more concerned with illegal drugs and such I think.