Bird Cannibalism Caught On Camera

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Occurred right on the driveway earlier today (12/31/2019), not something you see everyday. Global Warming ended 2019 on an aggressive note.
The trail of blood was cleaned using a combination of Purple Power, Fallout Cleaner, and pressure washer

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Global Warming?? :p

A Cooper's Hawk taking down another bird has been a normal occurrence as long as they've been around... ;)

True on the not seeing it every day though. Probably only see it around here once a month or so...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its just a coincidence, lol
I've been observing erratic behavior in wild animals for the last couple of months; its been unusually warm with some dramatic shifts in temperature. The other day I noticed one "big" raccoon making a mating call to another raccoon at 3AM in the morning, its not even their peak mating time yet

Global Warming?? :p

A Cooper's Hawk taking down another bird has been a normal occurrence as long as they've been around... ;)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you watch the "news", you've probably noted that Betelgeuse may be getting close to going Nova (and yes, they are totally clueless, but nonetheless..). Maybe that has something to do with the wild animals around you. :p:p:p

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That wasn't another bird, that was a flying rat. The hawk did us a favor and had dinner to boot.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Before I got my cams I had what I assume was a Kestrel rip into a pigeon, undisturbed it made light work of it and when I went out to take a look after it had left all I saw were feathers, loads of feathers.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There were a lot of feathers all over the driveway as seen in the video above as well; the bird already had possession of the other bird as it made its decent down to ground level, minutes later the bird went airborne again in possession of lunch; based on another camera it appears the bird dropped leftovers in my neighbor's backyard

Before I got my cams I had what I assume was a Kestrel rip into a pigeon, undisturbed it made light work of it and when I went out to take a look after it had left all I saw were feathers, loads of feathers.