Birdhouse Camera? Which Model?

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am building a very large 'birdhouse' to house a very large ALPR camera.

I already mounted a 10' post, run the networking cables and now need to start building the birdhouse.

While I'm at it, I thought I would actually put a real birdhouse in the enclosure that is actually to hide the camera. Figure I might as well put a camera in watching the inside of the birdhouse. Anyone have experience with birdhouse cameras (for watching birds, not hiding cameras)?

I have Ethernet and POE available so clearly that is the route I would want to go.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider the Sercomm RC4551 as I used here. It can stream RSTP to Blue Iris or VLC and has a mic, very short focal length for up close, is 12VDC or POE. ==>> Blue Bird House Camera

They are back on eBay at this time but they go fast.

If hard pressed to find the Sercomm RC4551, it's kin the Sercomm OC432 will also work for you, it may be a tad harder to mount with its single rear screw but plumber's tape can work miracles in the hands of an imaginative person!

It's also 1080P, audio, RTSP, POE, IR, works with VLC and Blue Iris.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If hard pressed to find the Sercomm RC4551, it's kin the Sercomm OC432 will also work for you, it may be a tad harder to mount with its single rear screw but plumber's tape can work miracles in the hands of an imaginative person!
I'm leaning to the newer model OC432, mounting will not be an issue since I'm doing everything custom anyway.

It looks like there are multiple models of OC432? OC432 HPAV and OC432 DLS

Do you know which one(s) have poe?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like there are multiple models of OC432? OC432 HPAV and OC432 DLS

Do you know which one(s) have poe?
No, I don't....that didn't come up 2 years ago... I have an OC432 that has zero numbers, etc. on it. If nowhere in the seller's description mya contact them via eBay with that direct question.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This one is a good deal, IMO. It's used but working, it does NOT have to be "rewired" as he states; just unscrew the back cover and unplug the male RJ-45 that goes through a rubber collar.

The back label states 48VDC POE.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This one is a good deal, IMO. It's used but working, it does NOT have to be "rewired" as he states; just unscrew the back cover and unplug the male RJ-45 that goes through a rubber collar.

The back label states 48VDC POE.
AH, yea, I do see that on the label. So the HPAV version is probably OK for me.