Black and White image issue

Reaction score
Hi. I installed 4 of the Dahua Eyeball IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras on my house. Three of them change from black and white images to color images first thing in the morning. One of the cameras takes a lot longer to convert to color, even though it is an area that gets as much or more light exposure to the other areas. Any ideas on how to correct this or would I need to replace the unit? Thanks!

Attaching image.Sample.jpg

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If everything is the same and it was practical I would swap one of the cameras that switch correctly for the one that doesn't. If the suspect faulty one now works (in the new location) the problem was just lighting. If the suspect one doesn't work you could try a factory reset. I guess all cameras are on the same firmware revision?

Also the working one which would now be in the location of the suspect one will either work as before or show the same behavior of the suspect one. If all that makes sense?

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd play with the sensitivity setting. I had a cam like that. Don't remember if I used low or high, but it got it working right.

Reaction score
Yes all the same firmware. It is a bit of a pain swapping cameras but perhaps I'll try sometime. Isn't a huge issue, but would be nice to figure out.

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's likely the cam just perceives the light differently than you do. To me, the cam on the porch is seeing more light bouncing off the porch.
I have cams on the south and north side of my house, the north side always switches earlier at sunset, and later at sunrise than the south.

If it bugs you, adjust the settings and it should all be good.

Reaction score
I changed it to "high" sensitivity and it seemed to correct the issue. Are there any downsides to having on high sensitivity? Any unwanted side effects?

Thanks!

Reaction score
if still this problem, the other way is to schedule your day and night settings forcefully by adjusting time ..