Black Cameras?

B13

n3wb
Reaction score
looking for black cameras to match other fixtures on my house. I see Hikvision recommended frequently but they're all white as far as I can tell. Checked Nellys and Wrightwood, LTS was the only 3mp 4mm I could find in black. Can someone recommend other makers of black cameras and where to look for them? Thanks!

Any reason to not just get the LTS? They look like rebranded Hikvision.

LocoRob

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this same problem, except my house is a very dark brown color and want the cameras to blend in, not stand out. Maybe I could paint the housings to match? Not sure if anyone has ever done that with any luck?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You can plasti dip the housing which is durable and removable, I've done this before.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn, I was going to suggest plasti-dip as well.

it's got that nice matte black finish so it's not as shiny as a typical black camera. What can't you do with plasti-dip?

Painted a set of wheels for a mate with plasti-dip came out great. No one knew it was plasti dipped hahaha.

B13

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips! I'm new to cameras, is it fairly easy to disassemble them to paint the exterior pieces? I guess if you can't take it apart all you have to mask is the lense?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depends on what you go with. ie proper plastic paint or plasti-dip.

If you use plasti-dip just paint over the whole thing and just run a blade around the part you don't want painted and peel it off.

Which camera where you thinking of painting ? a dome, bullet, turret, cube? If you can tape over the parts you don't want painted just do that. No need to unnecessarily take it apart.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I find that if you use plasti-dip and spray too thin, just apply a new layer on-top and hopefully you can peel it off in one go.