Black face dahua at night

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
where did this black face term come from and how come I feel like someone's gona get offended? :p

I was fond of the alien testicle..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
nayr, be careful about offending those aliens... its just a matter of time before they get here :) Vector those images look great!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nayr, be careful about offending those aliens... its just a matter of time before they get here :) Vector those images look great!

Thank you nayr. I think this ptz worked out well in this environment.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah that's a really sweet camera man. I see two pretty massive IR rings behind that black cover. There must be arrays of smaller IR in them right? Can't be cannon size IR, lol! Also, is there a setting for preset freeze? I'm not sure why that setting isn't in every ptz camera, especially the new ones. It would massively cut down on the blurry movement in between presets. But yeah, totally great camera.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mine does not have preset freeze.. there's 4 windows of IR's, two short-medium range and two medium-long range, I believe the two larger ones are the former and the two center ones the later.. No idea how many leds are actually behind them.

they are bright enough even at a distance there hard to look at; makes your vision all blurry like you got a real bright light in your face.. from a dim red glow off in the dark.

they do generate alot of heat; I notice the internal temps quickly rise if I leave em on bright.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
since I did not make a thread for this video here is my night time demo of the black face killah @ night

has some known distances calculated from google satellite views if your trying to figure out if you want a 12x, 20x, or 30x

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can adjust how long the black face ptz stays on a preset in the tour setting. Just click on duration time and change it. I find anything over 5 seconds is too long and leaves a possibility for something to be missed in another preset.

Clipboard01.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I prefer 5 seconds mostly too. Preset freeze is different in that it literally cuts out most of the visible movement between presets. It's in dahua's analog 700tvl beast. I suspect it might be in your auto tracker beast too vec. Maybe they only include it in their full featured beasts.

BrianDC

n3wb
Reaction score
With a PTZ moving basically 24/7, what is the expected lifespan of the mechanical parts? Is there service that needs to be done every year or something?

Also what NVR is typically used to alert for motion on something like this, or do you typically use external sensors to trigger the PTZ for event logging or video flagging?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's hard to tell what the lifespan will be. I would guess less than a fixed camera, but you never know. These dahua ptz's are built very well. I use constant recording at a low frame rate and set the camera to detect motion and when it does to kick up the frame rate.