Blank image on Huisun Web Interface?

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Strange issue with the Huisun web interface. I've installed the plugin that comes up when I log into the web interface, but I get a blank image (black box) for the video feed.

I have replicated this on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, and using IE and Firefox.

However, when I use Blue Iris, I get a picture, and can control the camera, so the camera is working, the problem appears to be with the plugin.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, quite normal when not enough power supplied, as a matter of fact I have this issue now with v2. I get image via tiny cam viewer but not in web UI. I am trying to get it working with poe splitter. Another symptom is the cam doesn't return to last position after reboot.

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, quite normal when not enough power supplied, as a matter of fact I have this issue now with v2. I get image via tiny cam viewer but not in web UI. I am trying to get it working with poe splitter. Another symptom is the cam doesn't return to last position after reboot.
Thanks! since it was working with BI, I didn't think of the power issue. I have to swap it out tonight then (I have a 24 port Cisco that I stopped using because of the noise it makes, but I used to have a camera before that would only work on it before I swapped it out). I haven't mounted the camera yet, so I can't speak on if it returns to it's last position, but I'll be putting it up tomorrow and can toggle back and forth to test.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! since it was working with BI, I didn't think of the power issue. I have to swap it out tonight then (I have a 24 port Cisco that I stopped using because of the noise it makes, but I used to have a camera before that would only work on it before I swapped it out). I haven't mounted the camera yet, so I can't speak on if it returns to it's last position, but I'll be putting it up tomorrow and can toggle back and forth to test.
Also make sure you have latest plugin installed, that could be another problem. Are you trying to access the cam outside the network?

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also make sure you have latest plugin installed, that could be another problem. Are you trying to access the cam outside the network?
Inside network, and the plugin that is prompted when I access the camera's webpage. (Don't know the version). If there's a palce to get the latest version, I can grab it there and try that as well. I'll be hooking up the Cisco POE tonight to see if that does it from your previous suggestion.

Thanks!

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I uninstalled the the prior plugins from my HikVision cameras, moved the camera to my test location, and rechecked all the network connections. Powered on the camera, loaded the camera's webpage and installed the plugin as I've done before, and....I now have an image on it's webpage! Not sure if a connection wasn't tight, or the test cable I was using at my bench has an issue, or the previous plugins were acting up, but thanks for the suggestions!

I'm going to wait on posting images as today is dark, gray, and the camera is pointing at black vehicles on a black driveway, so the pictures are less then great. :)

I am finding that I have PTZ control on the camera's webpage, and on the actual BI server, but I do not on the mobile app or remote webpage, but since this is my first PTZ, I'm not sure if that's a seperate settings or not.