Blank live preview when running as a service

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I upgraded to BI5 and moved it to another PC, but there is one problem: running as a service causes the live view in BI to not show any cameras, right-clicking on their position works, so they are there, just not rendered. Playback works as expected, web UI too.

It seems to be system/hardware related (Intel i5-3570K, Windows 10 Home), it does not work even with a fresh config with just one Hikvision DS-2CD2032 H.264 camera, while it works fine on a newer PC.
BI also crashes with hardware acceleration enabled for H.265 camera on mfxplugin64_hw.dll on that particular PC.
Downloading the newest Intel drivers for HD 4000 (10.18.10.5161), downgrading to 5.5.8.2., and installing Win 10 21H2 update did not help.

I wrote on support, but it was unable to help me. Do you have any experience with it?

Thank you.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That machine does does not support hardware acceleration with H265 - that wasn't until the 6th gen.

Turn off hardware acceleration at both the global settings and in each individual camera and it should work.

Further, hardware acceleration has been problematic since like 5.5.6 or so, so don't run it as the substreams are a better option.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I upgraded to BI5 and moved it to another PC, but there is one problem: running as a service causes the live view in BI to not show any cameras, right-clicking on their position works, so they are there, just not rendered. Playback works as expected, web UI too.

It seems to be system/hardware related (Intel i5-3570K, Windows 10 Home), it does not work even with a fresh config with just one Hikvision DS-2CD2032 H.264 camera, while it works fine on a newer PC.
BI also crashes with hardware acceleration enabled for H.265 camera on mfxplugin64_hw.dll on that particular PC.
Downloading the newest Intel drivers for HD 4000 (10.18.10.5161), downgrading to 5.5.8.2., and installing Win 10 21H2 update did not help.

I wrote on support, but it was unable to help me. Do you have any experience with it?

Thank you.
Downgrade to 5.5.7.11

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the problem was that I've made special windows account for the service, because it required a password and I didn't want to have one. Now I've set a password on the main account (+autologin via Netplwiz) and it works fine. :banghead: