Blink Cameras

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, the NVR"S went on sale back in the summer for 125 for the box and 2 cameras. I needed 4 cameras so I bought 2 for 250 bucks. Work great and allow me to import my Swann cameras for display. Also work with the Amcrest camera. I got her dvr to work so I won't need a dvr for Elk River. I am going to have to solder 2 bnc connectors onto the mother board where they ripped them off while removing the box. I'll fuse the dvr internally . The hard drive was bad and it was really dirty inside. Told the owner she needed a power supply and a hard drive, told her what to order so when she gets back with me I'll reinstall it. Those little cheap harbor freight cameras with the microphones. Work good for where you need to hear and see what's going on, but don't wanna show the cops or go to court. Had them for years into a Codispot dvr. Prior to that I had cameras running into vcrs.

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quite right, and Hikvision is a great example, the largest CCTV manufacturer globally.

@jrczz
You experienced one of their security failures yourself!
In the ongoing quest for information, The Blink Camera only appears on my network when I access it with my phone or the motion trigger is activated. The IP is assigned by the router and shows up on the connected devices list. It goes away after 1 minute of activity. The router shows an IP of 192.168.50.27 and arp -a showed a new IP of 192.168.50.25. I don't know what this means yet. Some friends of mine are going to buy a 4K 8 channel system. Best deals I am aware of are on Amazon. The Amcrest 4k NVR with 8 POE ports and 4 cameras, or the Swann 4K 8 POE port 8 camera system.(this is basically what I own) I know you guy know better. any suggestions. They don't necessarily need 8 cameras but probably more than 4. They want really good night time resolution when motion activated so they don't need to go outside to know what is going on. Where they live there ain't no local cops after 8pm. They are on their own until the State Cops can get there. My Swann cameras have good nightime resolution. The Cobra cameras are okay out to a point but not as good as the Swanns. I have raccoons in the back yard, they have neighbors that shoot raccoons right next door. They have very little ambient light, I have my yard lit up like a park. Any help would be appreciated.