Blu Iris 5 no longer recording clips

Brewnut

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok next question. My BI5 instance seems to have stopped recording clips or triggering alerts to deepstack since the 8th August.
What are some of the things I can be checking as to what may have been changed as to why this may no longer be working correctly?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What version BI? There are some issues with recent updates and a repair/regenerate of the DB fixes it.

Or is your storage filled because you told it to auto flag alerts and now the drive is full?

It could be anything, so some screenshots of your settings and storage would be helpful.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I went back all the way to 5.5.6.5 and still no alerts or timeline with AI marks after repairing database several times.

Is it ok to delete/generate new db?

When I look at my folders, the alerts are there and they are showing up live as motion/AI objects are detected.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I went back all the way to 5.5.6.5 and still no alerts or timeline with AI marks after repairing database several times.

Is it ok to delete/generate new db?

When I look at my folders, the alerts are there and they are showing up live as motion/AI objects are detected.
Yes it is ok, but you will lose the alert thumbnails of everything prior to the delete.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

I guess I am not sure what my other options are? I have current alerts in the 'Alerts' folder and the thumbnails are stuck at Sept. 9 since it failed.

If I delete and regenerate new database I will have no thumbnails but hopefully going forward it will work?

Or I can just wait and hope a future update fixes it?

My home assistant ADHD got me on this update...I shouldn't have touched it...it was working fine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Personally I would just delete and rebuild and lose the alert thumbnails. This issue has been going on since 5.6.x.x and is still happening, so the fix could be next update or 12 away LOL.

Yep don't fix what ain't broke LOL.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well if I am going to start over...do you think I should just go to the most recent stable version?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you see nothing else wrong, might as well stay now.