Blue and orange pixel on cars and person

Reaction score
Looking at the recent snapshots captured on substream from one of my 5442, I noticed strange blue and orange pixels around people and cars in the attached pictures. It's also seen on the live feed in Blue Iris. I don't have any kind of smart detection/AI enabled on the camera itself, what could be causing this? These pixels are preventing AI Tool from triggering.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't a Dahua issue, it is Blue Iris..well it isn't really an issue as it is setting you can turn on or off.. You have turned on in Blue Iris the setting to allow you see what is causing Motion Detection to occur....turn off that setting and those blocks go away...This is used for troubleshooting to see why something is or is not triggering motion.

You have it enabled in one or both places. More than likely you have in the camera setting itself:

1616896541401.png

And/or you have it set in playback. Right click in playback and uncheck the motion detection.

But why wouldn't you want to use the AI in the camera as a lot of us have found it superior to a 3rd party?

Last edited:
Reaction score
This isn't a Dahua issue, it is Blue Iris..well it isn't really an issue as it is setting you can turn on or off.. You have turned on in Blue Iris the setting to allow you see what is causing Motion Detection to occur
Thank you I found the setting that was causing the issue on the garage camera.

But why wouldn't you want to use the AI in the camera as a lot of us have found it superior to a 3rd party?
I looked at the settings in the camera and found it to be a little complex to understand. I will reference the link you sent to enable the onboard AI.

Thank you so much for the help!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will find setting up the AI in the camera itself is WAY EASIER than setting up AI Tools!

Set up Smart Plan for IVS
Draw IVS intrusion box with appears and crosses
Check the human and/or vehicle box
Leave min object size as zero
Done!