Blue Iris 12002 timeout error, but I can connect to the camera just fine

Reaction score
Hi, So I've been using Blue Iris for a while now and everything has gone fairly smoothly. I upgraded to windows 10, reinstalled Blue Iris (3.66) and started adding my cameras. The first one I added gave me a timeout 12002 error, I didn't think much of it and kept adding my other cameras. The other 5 worked just fine. So, a day later still had the time out error so I tried connecting to my camera directly via a web browser. I connected no problem and could see the video fine. So, I removed the camera from Blue Iris and re-added it. Same problem. I then tried updating the firmware / system on the camera, all went successfully but still not working in Blue Iris. I have 3 of the same camera Foscam 8921 v2 and the other two are working just fine with Blue Iris. And before I installed windows 10 this one worked just fine too.

I can also remotely view the camera via the IP just fine.

The only things that have changed are the computer's OS (went from 7 to 10) and the Blue Iris version. I had 3.xx before but it wasn't 3.66 like I have now. I think it was 3.5x but I don't recall. And now I have obviously updated the camera's firmware.

Oh also, the inspect camera function works in Blue Iris.

I'm stumped on what to do. I did try turning off the windows firewall also and that didn't help either, nor did I think it would as obviously the rest of the cameras worked just fine.

Reaction score
Thanks. And yes I've checked it several times, re-typed it in and deleted and re-added it.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on version 4 and current updates... last night my BI and cams went out (no signal). Checked today to see why. Seems I'm getting error 12007. My internet works for everything else. Cams all work on the web. Fired up Sighthound and cams work good. Also checked BI3, works ok too. Will keep looking.

Reaction score
Well I think I fixed it. Not sure what exactly fixed it, but I believe changing the ports is what fixed it.

So, last night I decided to hardwire the camera to my router. Still couldn't see it in Blue Iris 3. I did a reset to factory, got it back on my network with the with same old IP and port. Still couldn't connect in Blue Iris. Changed the port on the camera (was 8093 to 8099), changed the port in Blue Iris, still didn't work. Deleted the camera in Blue Iris and added it back. Some reason it finally connected. I changed the port back on the camera and then in Blue Iris and it still worked. Put the camera back in it's correct location and still working as of today.