Blue Iris 2-way talk with Amcrest AD110

DATAstrm

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten blue iris 2-way talk to work with the Amcrest AD110?

I have it set up and working for continuous recording, audio (listen), and motion detection. 2 way talk works in the Amcrest smarthome app. When I try to toggle the microphone in the Blue Iris iOS app, I get an error in the log: "Audio player 22050 88780078." I haven't tried the microphone on the Blue Iris host machine as it's a virtual machine without a microphone.

Has anyone gotten this working? If so, could you please share setup instructions? Thanks!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have same error in hikvision camera as well. No resolution for me either.

Eta: after checking all my audio enabled cameras, none of them work. If I press the microphone button in the app (Android) it turns green for about .5 seconds, then grey. Doesn't matter if I tap or hold. Shortly thereafter the audio error push notification comes through.

Last edited:

stbud

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else have any luck with this?
I have cameras with speakers and am unable to get any output from blueiris.

Using either the android app with the microphone button, or attempting to send an alert sound to the camera from blueiris.
1622209104700.png

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nothing yet on my end either. Still cannot send audio to cameras with microphone button on android app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must select a camera model, if you use find/inspect for onvif it will not work.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, I was going to prove that I had the error despite having the correct settings, but user-error prevented that from happening. Turns out I did still have all my Hikvisions set to ONVIF. I changed them to the correct model number, and lo-and-behold, it works. Thx for the prompt.

ETA: That said, I do find that phone-number-looking audio error in my logs at random points as well.
ETA2: Screenshot of errors
ETA3: I think I may have found the source of that error. When looking at the line just before the error, it always happens right after a user logs in. I looked under global settings, user, and on-alert disabled the audio notification (was set to pop.wav). Will have to test to see if that was it. I'm guessing it's pointing to a file that was moved, renamed, or doesn't exist any more

1622424062840.png

Last edited:

stbud

n3wb
Reaction score
So yours even works though the android app, erkme73!?
Care to share what model camera you're using?

I've tried both Generic/Onvif and selecting the Hikvision Make/model, doesn't make a difference.

This particular one is a DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

I initially thought this was just a problem with the android app, but I'd think i would still be able to get blueiris to play alert sounds to the camera(which doesn't work)

1622505816606.png

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
None of my Amcrest cameras have speakers, so I won't be of much help. I have many of the Hikvision cube cameras (DS-2CD2432F-IW). For as long as I can recall (years!), the audio was hit or miss. Either garbled, delayed, or not working entirely. Ever since the app underwent its overhaul on Android, they not only didn't work, but I was receiving an error via push notification anytime I tried to use microphone button. I'd all but given up.

However, after correctly setting the camera back to Hikvision (it was on ONVIF/generic h.264), it now works flawlessly.

Unrelated, I was getting the alert sound error in my logs. But I've now conclusively nailed that down as a missing system sound that was set to play when users logged in. After disabling that system sound (global settings, users, specific user, on alert button, disable), there are no more errors.

My apologies for jumping in on your amcrest thread. I initially did the whole "me too" thing because of the symptoms. I'm guessing my issue is unrelated to what you're experiencing.