Blue Iris 4 Recording a Series of 1kb Videos

Reaction score
Ever since I've upgraded to Blue Iris 4 (from Blue Iris 3), it seems like the software tends to record a series of empty videos (about 1kb in size) that cannot be viewed. Has anyone ran into this problem? I'm thinking about wiping the hard drive clean, re-installing Windows 7 and do a fresh install of Blue Iris 4, but I don't want to do all this work, if it's a known bug/issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since I've upgraded to Blue Iris 4 (from Blue Iris 3), it seems like the software tends to record a series of empty videos (about 1kb in size) that cannot be viewed. Has anyone ran into this problem? I'm thinking about wiping the hard drive clean, re-installing Windows 7 and do a fresh install of Blue Iris 4, but I don't want to do all this work, if it's a known bug/issue.
I would not go through all that trouble until a stable version is released..

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My 3.66 would do this if the path for the clips was unavailable. Check the path under global settings and make sure it's valid. I stored to an external USB drive that would occasionally disconnect, or grab a wrong drive letter (Thanks windows), and that would happen. Now I use a NAS - and if it's ever off-line, those are the symptoms I see.

Reaction score
My 3.66 would do this if the path for the clips was unavailable. Check the path under global settings and make sure it's valid. I stored to an external USB drive that would occasionally disconnect, or grab a wrong drive letter (Thanks windows), and that would happen. Now I use a NAS - and if it's ever off-line, those are the symptoms I see.
I'm using a NAS to store the videos. Under BI 3, it works flawlessly. After upgrading to BI 4, all of the previous configuration transferred over to BI 4 and under global settings, that same exact path is still there. The thing is, BI 4 will correctly save a few videos and then after a short while, it will record empty videos (1kb in size) and then repeat itself. For now, I went back to using BI 3. Also, all IP cameras have static IP, the computer that is hosting the BI software has static IP and the NAS has static IP, so this is not the case of DHCP randomly assigning available IP's to any of the cameras, the computer with the BI software or the NAS.