Blue Iris 4 - Several Cameras Keep Recording After Trigger (for hours)

Reaction score
Hello all, I´m new here.

I´m running BI 4 64 bits, updated, on Windows 8.1.

The thing is, my cameras keep recording after trigger. For example: there is a trigger on 10am, a single one, and on 1pm it´s till recording.

Recording is configured only if trigger. And it happens not all the time, sometimes it records only when triggered and stops.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Once a camera is triggered it will keep recording if its trigger again before the break time is reached...the triggers after before the break time is compete are not marked as new triggers..im guessing that your motion detection is set to very sensitive so it keeps triggering...post some screenshots of your record and motion tabs of the affected camera.

Reaction score
Hello fenderman, thanks for your reply.

Yes it is very sensitive indeed (because I need it). But I realized that the red "record icon" isn´t on the camera window while recording, and also when I restart the camera, the same room, the same condition (no movement), it stops recording.

Also I viewed the trigger tab for some minutes, and it didn´t detected any movement. I will post the tabs you requested when i´m back on monday and also maybe a screencast.

Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Christian Hawk This is a limitation of the timeline/database when using combine and cut...disable combine and cut and it will only display actual recordings..
Also disable object detect reject or you will miss important motion events.