Blue Iris 4 snapping picures only

Reaction score
I am using a Sea level E120 and a beam sensor on my driveway. I cannot get the Blue Iris software to reset fast enough to get the next trigger.
When a car comes in the driveway it gets a great picture of the car coming in but if the vehicle leaves quickly, I do not get a picture of the car leaving.
Is there a way to set the software to reset quicker so i can get pictures from repeated triggers very close together?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the trigger tab, try lowering the Break Time. If you're recording when triggered, this will shorten the length of the recording and you may need to clone the camera to get the results you want. If you're not recording video then no problem lowering the Break Time.

Reaction score
Dropping the break time only helps with getting more pictures at the time of trigger. I am only taking pictures not getting video. There seems to be a built in approx. 10 sec. time before another separate trigger will be accepted. So lets say a car comes in the driveway, i can get all the pictures I need of the vehicle coming in.Now it the car leaves before around 10 sec. has transpired it will not acknowledge the trigger from the car leaving.
What i need is for the software to receive trigger take the actions i instruct it to perform and then reset.Not have a preset time before it resets to receive another trigger event.

Reaction score
There is a check box on the alerts page called also re-triggers..anyone know what this is for and when you would use it?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Break Time sets the time a trigger will end unless there is a re-trigger before that time has been reached. Sounds like the car continues to re-trigger until there is no activity.
From BI help:
There is an option labeled Also re-triggers. An initial trigger occurs when the camera goes from the non-triggered state to the triggered state. A re-trigger occurs when the camera is already in the triggered state, but additional motion or other trigger events occur.