Blue Iris 5 and Failure of Reolink 410W, Unable to connect at all

robertsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings all:

New to this and I wanted to share a specific situation which puzzles me. I have 5 IP cams setup three indoor cameras, two outdoor.

Foscam - connected to powerline ethernet
Foscam- connected directly to route ethernet
Reolink- C1 connected to powerline ethernet
Reolink 410W- wireless WIFI
Reolink 410W -wireless WIFI

I recently upgraded my Router to Nighthawk for gaming and got everything running on Blue Iris 4. I then updated my PC to a much more powerful work station and upgraded to Blue Iris 5 and loaded all of my settings by import.

Everything was working fine since April, but I noticed some artifact on all of the Reolink cameras when the stream rate was pushed all the way up. I changed the wifi for the two outdoor cameras from 2.4 g to 5 g on the same router. The artifact and ghosting disappeared and the stream rate went from 156 on Blue Iris to 600-700 on Blue Iris.

Everything worked great for a week or two. In routine procedure I updated Windows and Blue Iris 5 and had to restart the computer. Now prior to restart I checked all cameras and recording and everything was fine. When I restarted the Reolink cameras all lost IP connection. The Foscam cameras were fine, and still are fine.

I have switches outdoors to reboot all the cameras and normally they come up in a minute or two. I rebooted all of the Reolink cameras and the indoor camera, the C1 reconnected but the outdoor Reolinks would not come back at all. I let this sit down for a half a day and nothing has come back.

I reset the outdoor Reolink by pushing the little white button and the app nor the laptop directly connected to the ethernet cable on the Reolink 410W will gain access into the camera. The default setting password, my password and login and neither work. I IP address changed after hitting the little white button, as expected, but there is now no way to gain access into the Reolink 410W to tell it to look for WIFI. At one point on one camera I was able to connect through my router and switch WIFi. The camera restarted and then I could not connect into it again. So at this point both are not accessible by the Reolink App, by laptop Reolink program or by pinging the IP address or any IP address through a browser.

I cannot understand why this would happen, it is as if the Reolink firm ware is Caddywampus and corrupted, but I only restarted the computer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Any recommendations on a solid outdoor IP camera to replace these would be appreciated.