Blue Iris 5 does not start in Windows 10 anymore

clausz

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I am not experienced in Windows and also new to Blue Iris. I had Blue Iris 5 installed and basically working in Windows 10 Pro. A RLC-422 5MP (Reolink) was sending a first video successfully in our home network to Blue Iris. But as per today Blue Iris does to start anymore. Several times I tried to use the repair function of the installation program. Several times I uninstalled and re-installed Blue Iris (including a new boot of Windows 10 in between). But none of my measures worked, I do not get an error message, just the blue circle at the mouse pointer for a short while. It is my impression that the Blue Iris 5 program folder now shows more files than I have seen before (such as backup.reg, SumatraPDF.exe, some *.dll) , but I can not say if it is from repair actions or from re-installation. I am aware that in many to most cases the failure is in front of the PC/keyboard, but I have no idea where to continue. Your ideas are much appreciated. Sincerely, Claus

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you enable the check box under Settings -> Startup -> “Run as a Windows Service”?

clausz

n3wb
Reaction score
@biggen: no, I did not. I was so happy to see the stream of my camera right after the first installation, then I startet to read the BI5 manual. After 2 days above described situation appeared. I have noticed that after usage of the BI5 uninstall function there were left some rests of BI remaining in the folder structure as well as in the Registry. This caused me to think that might prevent a clean new install of BI. So, I removed every trace of BI manually which didn't help either. Most likely I will install Windows 10 again and re-start from scratch. The hard way for a beginner to learn :). Thank you to care about my question.