Blue Iris 5 frequently dropping dahua cameras

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a setup that was mostly rock solid (for years) with 4 dahua cams and a 4 port netgear switch. I wanted to upgrade to more cameras, but my original seller no longer provides those models.
I bought some JideTech cams from amazon, and they work fine. I also had to upgrade to BVtech 8 port POE, as netgear doesn't seem to make much in the higher ports. I have BVtech running ok at another location (few years now).

Problem is I am (maybe month or two later) consistently getting all 4 dahua cameras dropping connection, but the 2 newer cameras are still ok. I have to restart Blue or the dropped cameras and they come right back on.
This is maybe happening once per day now. Any thoughts on what is going on? I'm also on the latest update.

Just enabled watchdog default... see how that goes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
when they drop out... can you ping the cameras directly from your windows machine?
You have what troubleshooting to do. Router, switch, patch cords, patch panel (if you have one), cat5/cat6 cable, terminations, camera, computer, blue iris.

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I can talk to the cameras or display directly without BI. I wouldn't think it's wires, or for that matter even the switch(well, maybe). All 4 dahu cameras dropout simultaneously. The two new cameras are active while this occurs and do not dropout. There's something about the new types of camera interactions that's causing it, I think.
Was hoping maybe someone has run into this before.

Last edited:

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im getting something very similer but different cameras. Im having alot of no signals.

I hav even set the cameras gui stream so i onow the cameras up.

Ive chalked it up to something in blueiris. Althougg idk what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im getting something very similer but different cameras. Im having alot of no signals.

I hav even set the cameras gui stream so i onow the cameras up.

Ive chalked it up to something in blueiris. Althougg idk what it is

My area has been raining and cold lately. I thought of that as a possibility, but as I said, they worked previously rock solid for years. How's the weather where you are at?
Are any of your cameras different brands, or all the same?
Also, as I mentioned, my watchdog timers were not set at all. Just toggled them on. Hoping this will solve the problem, as I need them to work reliable remotely.

edit. Watchdog timers are working fine. Never really solved why it is occurring, and frequent restarting might effect cameras, but at least it works, and I can also force remotely via phone app.

Last edited:

jejosephso

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently I have been having a similar issue. Some of my cameras that have been working for years are now frequently timing out and then returning as if connectivity was regained. But, a ping loop shows that the connectivity never dropped. This is happening on wired and wifi cameras.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a mix as well. 4 or 5 dahua 3 hikvisions and 4 reolinks.

Still show no signals on the counter.