Blue IRIS 5 license not working after reinstall.

RainerT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
After a few years of not touching my blue iris server I got a DDL issue crash. I cpuld not even go in to deactivate before reinstall.

I was told by support to go to an older version of 5. I installed the oldest one. It says activated in settings but still has water marks lie a demo.

I was told by support that even though I paid for the software I have to pay for support for the software to work.
This sounds very strange to me since i dont need support and I already paid for the software.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to go to a version that is within one year of when you first purchased it, so confirm you went to a version at least that old. I suspect you didn't go back far enough.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Essentially you can only update to the version that was the very last update available just before your support expired.

People complain that it was never this way with previous versions etc. but if you look at the T&Cs it was always stated but not enforced until around 18-24 months ago.

RainerT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It got fixed.
It has to be version closer to the original cut off date. Version earlier does not import the settings back up correctly.
The software still activates but U3 is buggy and keeps some strange partial watermark.
I guess the ui3 settings have to be close to or at the original software version.

Last edited: