Blue Iris 60fps

Michael Garrett

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use BI as intended with 14 other security cameras. I have everything set just right for these cameras. I've now added 2 additional non-security cameras to view my 2 3D printers, which I want to periodically view remotely. These 2 cameras are not security cameras, but they are capable of 60fps at 1080p, which is noticeable as the print head does move quite fast. There won't be any file storage done. This will be paused. This is strictly for convenience so I can view all my cameras with one application. How do I set BI to 60fps when the max is only 30fps?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
if there is a limitation in place, you probably want to increase the shutter speed of the camera to capture fast motion.
you may not know if BI will accept the shutter speed until you hook up a cam and see what the window shows.
1715582377092.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
How do I set BI to 60fps when the max is only 30fps?
FWIW, you do not set frame rate (FPS) in BI, you set in the cam; BI only reports what frame rate the stream from the cam is providing to it. :cool:

From BI's built-in "Help" file, found under "Cameras" => "More Video Settings":

The max frame rate will always adjust higher, never lower. This value is used internally by
Blue Iris to allocate buffers only, and is not “settable” for network IP cameras. However it is
used to adjust the FPS (frames per second) on USB and other camera types. If the actual
frame rate dips below 15% of the max frame rate, the yellow caution symbol will be
displayed in the camera’s window header.

Last edited: