Blue Iris Alerts Disappearing

nyy

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently added a couple more cameras (not sure if that is related or not but the only thing I knowingly changed) to my Blue Iris install and now I am losing history of alerts. The clips are still there but the indicator in the BI interface is gone and the web interface doesn't show them either.

I noticed this yesterday, I had 24 hours of alerts and today I check I only have 12 hours of alerts. I have 7 days of clips though on all cameras.

Any ideas what is going on and/or how I can fix it? I have tried regenerating the DB in the UI as well as deleting the DB folder after shutting down Blue Iris. Problem is still on going. Otherwise everything appears to be working correctly.

I am running version 4.8.6.3 and have had no issues with this install for over a year until now.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have "Limit clip age" checkbox checked with 7 days setup.... Check settings Clips and archiving tab.

nyy

n3wb
Reaction score
I actually figured it out yesterday.

Turns out I had enabled "store alerts as hi res files" enabled on one camera. When I added my new cameras I copied them from the one camera that had that option enabled. So the 1GB limit in the Alerts managed folder was being hit and alerts were getting deleted.

Interesting it was deleting all alerts and not just the hi res ones... but I fixed it by disabling that hi res file option on all cameras.

nyy

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a response from Ken regarding all alerts being deleted when the hi-res alert folder was full.

It's not intended and he will be fixing it!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a response from Ken regarding all alerts being deleted when the hi-res alert folder was full.

It's not intended and he will be fixing it!
You generally dont need to save high res alerts. Its a waste of space.

nyy

n3wb
Reaction score
You generally dont need to save high res alerts. Its a waste of space.
I agree, I didn't knowingly turn on the hi-res files on the one camera. It was unintentional I was doing this at all. Only thing I can think is I wanted to try the option out and see what it did and forgot about it.

But in doing so I discovered a bug and Ken is now correcting it :)

I have the hi-res files option disabled now on all cameras and am back to a problem free BI installation.