Blue Iris and CPAI 2.6.2 Trouble

sbcale

n3wb
Reaction score
I just updated my CodeProject AI version from 2.5.1 to 2.6.2 (big mistake, it always takes forever to get the new version going). This time though I can't get it back working. Before it was a dance of un-install CPAI, delete Program Files and Program Data Folders, un-check use AI in Blue Iris and then re-install everything reboot a few times and it usually starts working again. This time it doesn't even seem like anything is getting to CPAI, there is nothing in the CPAI logs when a motion event is triggered in Blue Iris. I dragged the .dat file into the AI tab in Blue Iris and see all sorts of errors I don't understand. I have un-installed re-installed like half a dozen times with no luck. I have attached a bunch of screenshots and haven't changed anything from when it was working with 2.5.1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated my CodeProject AI version from 2.5.1 to 2.6.2 (big mistake, it always takes forever to get the new version going). This time though I can't get it back working. Before it was a dance of un-install CPAI, delete Program Files and Program Data Folders, un-check use AI in Blue Iris and then re-install everything reboot a few times and it usually starts working again. This time it doesn't even seem like anything is getting to CPAI, there is nothing in the CPAI logs when a motion event is triggered in Blue Iris. I dragged the .dat file into the AI tab in Blue Iris and see all sorts of errors I don't understand. I have un-installed re-installed like half a dozen times with no luck. I have attached a bunch of screenshots and haven't changed anything from when it was working with 2.5.1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
As far as I know, the Coral module will not support the "Use Custom" in the AI tab. I have only had luck with the Coral module by unchecking the Use Custom checkbox on the AI tab and checking the Default Object Detection checkbox. However, I have had some issues with the latest Coral version 2.2.2 module. I am now using YOLOv5 6.2 or YOLOv5 .NET modules. Be aware that Blue Iris "asks" for the custom model list when Blue Iris starts. So Code Project AI Server has to be running with a non Coral module running, to populate the Custom models listbox on the AI tab. So if you change from Default Object Detection to Use Custom Models, you have to restart Blue Iris, or start the Blue Iris service in order to pull the model list. AND the USB Coral accelerator does not work well on Windows.
Related to Coral not using custom models:
The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 400 Bad Request response status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (for example, malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).
I.E. Don't check custom models when using the Coral module. Just my opinion. Good luck.

sbcale

n3wb
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Coral module will not support the "Use Custom" in the AI tab. I have only had luck with the Coral module by unchecking the Use Custom checkbox on the AI tab and checking the Default Object Detection checkbox. However, I have had some issues with the latest Coral version 2.2.2 module. I am now using YOLOv5 6.2 or YOLOv5 .NET modules. Be aware that Blue Iris "asks" for the custom model list when Blue Iris starts. So Code Project AI Server has to be running with a non Coral module running, to populate the Custom models listbox on the AI tab. So if you change from Default Object Detection to Use Custom Models, you have to restart Blue Iris, or start the Blue Iris service in order to pull the model list. AND the USB Coral accelerator does not work well on Windows.
Related to Coral not using custom models:
The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 400 Bad Request response status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (for example, malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).
I.E. Don't check custom models when using the Coral module. Just my opinion. Good luck.
That did it thanks! I have had the custom models checked the whole time I have been using CPAI and Coral though so I am not sure how it worked before.

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That did it thanks! I have had the custom models checked the whole time I have been using CPAI and Coral though so I am not sure how it worked before.
FWIW, I've seen this happen myself.
If you are using one of the YOLO modules with Custom Models checked on the AI tab, and change the CPAI module to Coral, you will continue getting responses from CPAI until either Blue Iris restarts, or the machine reboots.
Then, you will get "Nothing Found".
If you watch the log in CPAI, you will see something like "Coral returned custom". Sorry, I don't have a log file available.
I believe this is related to behavior similar to ages ago, where a program would read the configuration file settings on startup, then use the same process until restarting. Again, related to when Blue Iris reads the custom models list.
I believe the check boxes for Default and Custom on the Settings/AI tab control how Blue Iris constructs the http request to CPAI.
I do still have a Docker image of Deepstack on a Linux machine that I can spin up when I get frustrated with the constant changes of the two programs. It works if you check Default Objects on the AI tab.
I just need something that works.

Sent from my iPlay_50 using Tapatalk