Blue Iris and DeepStack ALPR

Lieberkind

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weird. I only have the JPGs in the folder where the camera(BI) saves the files.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last night I sent Ken (Blue Iris Support) some changes that will help the DeepStack ALPR integration.

Can you please make some changes the help the integration, they are listed below

• When sending Blue Iris a JSON trigger can you have Blue Iris respond with the file name for the alert and add the memo to the log, currently it only shows “external”
  • If you turn off Burn label mark-up onto alert images the alert image that is saved is the motion triggered image not the image DeepStack confirmed. Can you please change to the confirmed image

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is freaking cool! I haven't tried it yet (I may have some time this weekend to play around with it), but it looks perfect. I was having many issue swith the ALPR built into BI but I'm looking forward to trying this.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is freaking cool! I haven't tried it yet (I may have some time this weekend to play around with it), but it looks perfect. I was having many issue swith the ALPR built into BI but I'm looking forward to trying this.
Wait for version 2.0, I should have it posted by end of day Friday

Lieberkind

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last night I sent Ken (Blue Iris Support) some changes that will help the DeepStack ALPR integration.

Can you please make some changes the help the integration, they are listed below

• When sending Blue Iris a JSON trigger can you have Blue Iris respond with the file name for the alert and add the memo to the log, currently it only shows “external”
  • If you turn off Burn label mark-up onto alert images the alert image that is saved is the motion triggered image not the image DeepStack confirmed. Can you please change to the confirmed image
I do have the flagged image, but no other kind of files in the folder.

BR

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wait for version 2.0, I should have it posted by end of day Friday
I plan to. Quick question - we need to input the username/pw of BI in the .ini file. What rights does this userid need (admin, read only, only able to view the camera used for LPR, etc)?

Thanks again! looking forward to trying this!

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I plan to. Quick question - we need to input the username/pw of BI in the .ini file. What rights does this userid need (admin, read only, only able to view the camera used for LPR, etc)?

Thanks again! looking forward to trying this!
I am not sure, I will look into it.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 this is excellent work, as always! Thanks for building and sharing!

A bit of a side question if you don't mind, I'm wondering if I would be able to display the plate characters on screen using BI's overlays, like I'm doing currently with the Plate Recognizer integration?

Example:

LPR.20211223_153529409.583.jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.24.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.18.21 AM.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not sure, I will look into it.
Don't worry about looking into it. When I try, I will use an admin account and then work my way down from there after it's working. You're doing enough without worrying about little things like this

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am doing the final debugging on version 2.0. I am going to run some more tests overnight and will release version 2.0 tomorrow. Some of the changes are listed below
  • Only one script is needed for V2.0. The script does the cropping and rotation (if needed). Once cropped the script will have DeepStack run the OCR on the cropped plate.
  • After the OCR the script will save the DeepStack results in JSON format and YOLO format (for future retraining of the OCR custom model)
  • Since there is only one script only one camera is needed with the cropped license plate.
  • Also the new version is twice as fast as V1.1 since there is only one script.