Blue Iris and HikVision NVR Box - Can Blue Iris display video feed?

Reaction score
dont use onvif...what NVR did you choose from the dropdown...you are using rtsp..confirm your nvr's rtsp pot...
its 100 percent possible...this is user error...
went out for a run to clear my head, came back and there your answer was, picked in the right one and boom... ur a genuis!!! thank you sir! no doubt it was my error. now to add BI to my web app. guess i have to buy it to get the water mark off :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
went out for a run to clear my head, came back and there your answer was, picked in the right one and boom... ur a genuis!!! thank you sir! no doubt it was my error. now to add BI to my web app. guess i have to buy it to get the water mark off :(
yes, this will also allow you to use direct to disc recording and hardware acceleration which reduce cpu consumption dramatically.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Feed is old but I discovered this today also, rstp:/ipofnvr:554/Streaming/channels/101 for first camera then 201 301 for 2nd stream its 102 202 302 and so forth. This is great now all the cameras only have one device pulling feed problem is you reboot NVR an everything is down for that few moments.

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Feed is old but I discovered this today also, rstp:/ipofnvr:554/Streaming/channels/101 for first camera then 201 301 for 2nd stream its 102 202 302 and so forth. This is great now all the cameras only have one device pulling feed problem is you reboot NVR an everything is down for that few moments.
I seem to have a similar issue getting the camera setup via blue iris and I remember I had a similar issue with SightHound demo but after a week got it working.
The question is do i need to use the nvr ip address or the camera ip address via the virtual host “nvr ip”:65002. Do I still need to put the username and password or the camera or NVR in the rstp stream.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IN BI, you add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras.

docdoc

n3wb
Reaction score
Im using a hik nvr with a separate external poe switch both connected to the lan. All cams connected to the poe ports of the switch. The nvr is configured for all cams for continuous recording. Blue iris is used for alarms and motion events . blue iris can be used here since all cams on same network and not a sub network of the nvr. Roku tv for monitoring all cams on tv with blue iris. This seems to be the best setup for home surveilance. any comments and suggestions would be welcomed

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have multiple NVR's Hikvision mostly, I populate some of those Feeds directly to my Blueiris box, there I do the AI for motion/ people cars trucks etc. I use hikvision for long term archiving, and blue iris for Real Actual AI alerts to my mobile.