Blue Iris and Minimum Upload Speed - For Playing Alerts Remotely

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks bp2008, I definitely spent waaay too much time trying to figure this out on my own before pinging you folks! But I try to "self serve" as much as possible plus I always relish figuring stuff out!

But this was a case of "WTF" and I just got stuck. And since we've had sooooo much snow (literally for one solid month), I really needed this to work so that I can monitor what's going on at this new property.

Appreciate all the help...as always, IPcamtalk is the place to get the answers. :iloveipct:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey @Tuckerdude

I'm glad you got that fixed. I've been running with "Also BVR" disabled ever since it was a new feature because of the additional startup delay and glitches it creates for clip playback!
In my case, I've used "Also BVR" because if not, when I play back a clip, the contrast changes in the clip from what it looked like live.
Affecting dark areas of the image.
Anyone else see this? Been this way since I began using BI.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any such thing @looney2ns. Are you by chance using "VPP" in the hardware acceleration options? I am not really sure what that feature does but it might be involved in colorspace conversion and that could be one possible explanation for the contrast getting messed up if it was configured wrong in the BI code.