Blue Iris and Windows 11 issues

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had blue iris running on Windows 11 for sometime now.
Recently I noticed nothing was being saved at all since 2 weeks ago.
Checking the folders for clips, new where everything goes. Clips is on C drive and new is on d drive. It seems the folders are read only now.
I have done everything online that I can find about resetting the folder attributes. Nothing is working and now I am basically out of options.
I have turned off the firewall, attrib -r and made sure malware protection was off.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any changes made two weeks ago? New/different account being used to start service or log on with?

Is it really R atribute or account in use does not have correct permissions to directories?

To confirm BI itself is running properly, add the account used for BI to the Administrators group and reboot.

OBTW firewall would not be an issue. Malware software is very unlikely; only if it quarantined BI's files.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could you post a screenshot of BI's "Settings" => "Clips and archiving" for "New" folder and 1 for "Stored' folder?
Also a screenshot of "Status" (the graph icon) => "Clip storage" ?

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could you post a screenshot of BI's "Settings" => "Clips and archiving" for "New" folder and 1 for "Stored' folder?
Also a screenshot of "Status" (the graph icon) => "Clip storage" ?
1701217213789.png1701217258863.png

1701217638351.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Found the problem..
Feel like an idiot... I had inadvertently clicked the "Shield: Armed" button
Yes, good that you reported back what you found. I recall this a couple of times over the past couple of years but the key words that I associate with it are like "BI stopped recording for some reason" or similar.