Blue Iris App issues

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm throwing this out there again. I posted earlier that I didn't think BI was the problem because of my random computer reboots. Well, we were on the app with the phone, Recorded events were not viewable and shut down the app instantly but, live time feed was viewable with no problems. So I go check the computer and the software was up and running fine with no indication of a reboot rom computer. I did notice on the BI software one of the cameras was still on IR viewing Black and White. Checked the IR setting and it was still on "Auto" but I clicked it again and and camera resumed back to color. So, could that be the reason the app would shut down trying to view recorded events if there was something obscure with the software?

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well community, Just want to thank you all for your inputs. Fortunately Blue Iris and the app was not my problem. Of course, from the thread above you all know it turned out to be a hardware problem that caused our computer to restart that affected BI.

I want to share my findings with you all if you have not experienced this situation. We started with the power supply it was good. Next we did a dump and refresh with windows. Didn't work. We went to the hard drive next using an old one and still had the restart problem. Next we popped in different ram. And Wha La. Computer never restarted after that. We next cleaned the contact points of the original ram and the computer didn't restart. The funny thing is the computer was not dirty inside and had been running good for a year so I find that a little odd.

Now I am going through and reinstalling BI and came to a NEW problem. For some reason the key board will not work in BI. I can go to a browser and it works fine. The mouse will work fine but I can't type anything with the key board.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,