Blue Iris App Overriding Auto Nightivision.

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an Android and have been running Blue Iris pretty flawlessly for over a year I believe. I was using the app and manually turned on the night vision during the day by pressing the little bulb button on the UI in the app. I turned it back off and went about my day. I noticed two nights later my camera was dark during the night time and I thought perhaps the light sensor was bad, so I unplugged the camera and bench tested it via a POE plug and turned out the light-- the IR came on, so I knew it wasnt the camera.

I turned it back on so I had night vision that night only to notice it was doing the same thing the next night. I then went and manually turned on all of my cameras night vision via the BI app and turned it back off. Lo and Behold, that night- All of my cameras were dark until I manually turned the Night Vision back on. When I woke up, the daylight was out, but the cameras dont automatically turn off night vision, so the daylight view is gray unless I manually turn it off.

To sum it up, I believe the app has taken away the ability for the cameras to run in automatic night vision once activated manually. I have checked all of the cameras in their native UI by logging into them and all of the cameras are still set to Auto.

I have rebooted all of them, but it has not stopped it from acting like this. it seems now all of the cameras I have only change from night vision to regular or vice-versa only if it is switched like a light switch even though they are all set in auto.

Any ideas? Am I the only one who has experienced this?

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the BI app press and hold the light bulb until you see a yellow A, that is auto mode...did you do that?

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you! I sure dont remember that from the readme file and would have never thought to long press any buttons. Any other long press tricks in the app?