Blue iris app w/tasker support for android

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now how cool would this be... bear with me :)

Tasker is an app that automates things and sends commands to your phone... some example would be:
  • when it detects your wifi signal at the house, it can send a command to an app (has to be supported) to turn the AC on, or lights. Or it can give commands to phone like put it out of vibrate mode into full ringtone
  • when you get in your car and it detects bluetooth, it can put the phone into car mode and put your AC into away mode and shut off all lights at your house (again if supported by the original app)
  • when it detects an NFC (or any other phone sensor) it can send a command to do just about anything

now what would be cool is if the phone disconnected from the home wifi, tasker can send a command to blue iris (or a widget/app capable) to turn the cameras on (turn the traffic light from red to green)

I have mine on continuous green right now, which I don't always need at the house. Maybe tasker support could trigger the traffic light to go from green to red when you're home and from red to green when you leave the house... or it can change from profile 1 which is periodic every 10 mins for 5 seconds to profile 2 which is any motion.

I think that would be awesome....

What do you guys think?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the geofencing option in Blue Iris? Do a search for geofencing in the help file and it will come up with this:

"Geofencing is a device location services technology that allows the device to notify a server when the device enters or exits a defined region. If location services and geofencing are enabled for the Blue Iris client app on your mobile device, the app will notify your Blue Iris server whenever the device leaves or enters a defined circular region. You may define what Blue Iris should do in response to these events by selecting a device and then using the Enter geofence and Exit geofence buttons."

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mike, I've seen that and will try it out. I would prefer wifi, but geofence will do too.

I'm curious on how it determines where u are continously though. And how center is set.

Let's say it uses ur current spot to determine center of geofence. I guess inside the house it will use wifi to determine location from Google services within the phone.

Then how will it know (the phone for that matter) when you leave a certain zone unless the phone continously starts checking location?

That's why a tasker option would be better. I could also then put it on my wives phone so it uses her phone's wifi connectivity too.

Reaction score
razorseal, I know this is hella old, but if you are still around and wanting to do this let me know via IM.