Blue Iris behind firewall / NAT?

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I have another instance of BI behind a firewall that I have no control over. Many computers share the same IP. The only way to access the system is Teamviewer / AnyDesk etc.

Any easy and preferably free method to open a tunnel or some such that will let me access the Web UI remotely? I've looked at reverse SSH many times but never quite gotten the hang of it. Would Netro work? GitHub - eirikb/Netro: Reverse tunneling / proxy in Windows

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hamachi log me in. Create a free account. Mesh network and add the devices you want to the account. You can the setup the vpn connection on your phone ,laptop,etc. I use it with my satellite internet provider and it works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrique

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Without a port-forward rule on the router I can't think of anything other than a service like TeamViewer. Whether you use port-forward or VPN you'd still need a forwarding rule for either.

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried Hamachi and it worked great, but the free version seems limited to 5 clients in the mesh network. Also, the Android app cost a boatload of money as I soon found out.

My ultimate goal here is to have a local server with Hamachi or similar fetch images / streams dynamically and have it served to a wider audience. I.e. other members of the Makerspace where the cameras are located.

Unfortunately these cameras are behind a corporate network that I have no control over. Nor am I paying for internet access so I cant complain too loudly.