Blue Iris Camera Groups

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently running 3 cameras with Blue Iris. There is a Kitchen door, Porch Door and Driveway camera. The Driveway camers is the only camera that can pan and zoom. Is there a way to set up the driveway camera to pan to the Porch door when that camera is triggered... or pan over to the Kitchen door when that camera is triggered? I see where I can set my driveway camera up to preset 2 (which tells it to look at the kitchen door, instead of the street. I'm just not sure how to get the kitchen door to trigger and have the Driveway camera look at the Kitchen Door. (if it can be done)
Thank you all so much....:cool:

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help. I did install BICommand.exe into the proper folder... and set it up like you suggested, however it doesn't do what I want it to do....actually doesn't do anything at all...... I have cam1 = driveway, cam2 porch door, cam3 Kitchen door. Cam 2 and 3 are stationary and don't pan at all. I would like for my cam1 Driveway (PTZ) to pan over to cam3 Kitchen door when cam3 is triggered. I set up the BIcommand to execute on cam1 ....so that when cam3 is triggered cam1 will look to cam 3. That didn't work... I tried setting it up on Cam 3 but that didn't seem to do anything either.......... I have it programed to go to Preset 2, as per the instructions. I'm not sure how to set up Preset 2 to force it to pan over at Cam 3 when 3 is triggered.. Sorry if this is confusing.... but a bit more help and I might get it.... Thank you again

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you post an image of your cam 3 "configure run alert" page? It should look something like:

File: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BIcommand\bicommand.exe (or wherever you bicommand is located)

Parameters: ptzpreset=2 LR (2 is the preset I use and LR is the PTZ camera short name)

............reset

Parameters: ptzpreset=1 LR (1 is the PTZ home preset and again LR is the PTZ camera short name)

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
run alert.JPG
Hope this helps. My Cam1 is a PTZ Generic model (that had a label Imporex under it), Cams 2&3 are cheap Crenova Mini Dome cameras that are stationary.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK,
1) please confirm your image is from Cam3
2) Is Cam1 the short name?
3) The reset should reset the same cam that was moved originally back to the original preset position. Look at my earlier post.

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes this is the image alert from Cam 3 (Kitchen) - Cam 3 is the short name.
Cam1 (PTZ camera Driveway) is Cam 1
Cam1.JPGCam 3.JPG So the first image is the Alert from Cam 1 (short name)..... The second image is the Alert from Cam 3 (short name) ...... so I need to change Cam 3 to this....right? Cam 3 New.JPG

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In alerts for Cam3
Parameters: ptzpreset=2 Cam1
......reset
Parameters: ptzpreset=1 Cam1 (assuming preset 1 is where Cam1 sets when nothing is triggered)

When Cam3 triggers you want Cam3 to alert Cam1 to move to preset2 and when the trigger is over you want Cam1 to reset to the starting position.

Last edited:

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so I now have the alerts set up correctly..... "Thank YOU " !!!
Now I just need to figure out how BI uses "Presets" for alerts. I understand how to use it for the scheduling... turns cameras on and off for different days of the week and during different hours ........ but how do you set up the "Presets" for the camera to look at Cam 3 for example.

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
Could I ask for assistance, one last time? Please? These are the settings that I am using..... I would like my cam 1 to PTZ to cam 3 when cam 3 is triggered. I set up Cam 1 for preset 3 = look at Cam 3, however it doesn't seem to do anything. I have put all three cameras in a group called home. Still doesn't work. When I select preset 3 on the PTZ camera it goes right to Cam3, like I want it to..... however BI settings don't seem to have any effect..... Config Run Alert 04-14-16.JPGKitchen Cam 3.JPG

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you running BI as a service? I just remembered BIcommand doesn't work when running as a service.