Blue Iris Clip length times WAY OFF

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Screwing around with the BI interface, I started playing with the clips and noticed something strange.

Next to the thumbnail is a clip length indicator that shows how long the clip is.

I have clips that read 04h52m31s I take this to mean the clip is 4 hours 52 minutes and 31 seconds long. The actual clip length is only about 15 seconds and the size is listed as (29.3M)

All the clips are like this with varying times listed that do not come close to matching what the real clip is. I don't think I have any clips that are longer than 2 minutes but they are all listed as 43m or 02h and so on.

Do I have a setting screwed up somewhere?

Mibix

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the same thing when using the Combine or Cut setting. Is there a way around this?

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Murphy625

I think I can answer this...
The clip length indicator you are referring to is the length of time the clip spans. It may contain very few, or very many recorded alerts. So it may cover a 4h52m time span, but during that span it was only triggered to record 15s of video.
Make sense?

There are other settings which determine how long clips can be and how large. I'm not an expert in the software by any stretch, maybe someone else can confirm or add to this.