Blue Iris clips not showing in IOS calendar

Sabu

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd be grateful for any insight into the following issue, please.

I recently upgraded the drive in my Win 11 PC where B.I. resides. The configuration of the new drive (letter, paths, etc) replicates the old one in every respect. All is working well except that Clips no longer appear in the camera calendar on my IOS devices. The 'dots' stop on the date I did the upgrade. Clips made prior to the upgrade can be played on my IOS devices, and new clips are playable on the PC. I've recreated the server on the IOS device, but to no avail.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in anticipation.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which drive (such as "C" or "D", etc.) was "upgraded?"
Assuming Win 11 is on drive C, which drive is BI itself installed on?
What drive is BI's "db" folder installed on?
Lastly, what drive are BI's video clips on?

It's likely that the "db" folder was overwritten/erased with your "upgrade" and that why the dots stop at the time of upgrade.

Sabu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt reply. Here's the info -

1. Drive D:\ was upgraded, which is where both the 'db' folder and clips are stored.
2. BI itself is installed on drive C:\
3. I suspect that the BI background service was operational when the drive contents were copied over to the new drive.
4. Clips that were recorded prior to the upgrade can be seen/viewed in the IOS app, but those afterwards do not appear in the IOS cameras' calendar
5. However, the latest recordings for each camera can be viewed within the IOS app.
6, All recordings (before and after the upgrade) appear in the PC app panel and can be viewed there.
7. I could re-install BI on the PC, but I've many cameras that I'd want to restore them using saved BI Registry settings, which I fear might re-instate the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. Drive D:\ was upgraded, which is where both the 'db' folder and clips are stored.
2. BI itself is installed on drive C:\
Then the calendar dots are lost, since the "db" folder is not original.
FWIW, the "db" folder should be on the C:\ drive along with Windows and BI. :cool:

Sabu

n3wb
Reaction score
Placing the db directory on the C:\ drive seems to have restored the ability to view clips from IOS app. Odd that it worked fine from the D:\ drive prior to its upgrade, but thank you all the same for your help, Tony.