BLUE IRIS compatible? Dahua VTO2000A POE Video Intercom System

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Was wondering if this system can also be connected to Blue Iris to record the video/audio?

This video was helpful in understanding the minimum components needed. Looks like the VTNS 1060A is a specialized POE switch that has to be used in the system. However, I saw THIS KIT available and caused confusion for me because it doesn't include (or need?) the Dahua POE switch. Originally, when I saw "POE intercom" I was hoping you simply plugged it into a POE switch and there was some magic that would happen...LOL! I don't even know if this is considered a current model or somewhat out of date.

Last edited:

2ndLeaf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was wondering if this system can also be connected to Blue Iris to record the video/audio?

This video was helpful in understanding the minimum components needed. Looks like the VTNS 1060A is a specialized POE switch that has to be used in the system. However, I saw THIS KIT available and caused confusion for me because it doesn't include (or need?) the Dahua POE switch. Originally, when I saw "POE intercom" I was hoping you simply plugged it into a POE switch and there was some magic that would happen...LOL! I don't even know if this is considered a current model or somewhat out of date.

Yes. I have Blue Iris record video/audio from VTO2000A. If you have a 12V DC adapter, you don't need the special POE switch.