Blue Iris Compatible Micro/Stealth Cams

earl.foote

n3wb
Reaction score
Do anybody have any good experiences or recommendations for good HD Wireless Micro or Stealth BI compatible IP Cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do anybody have any good experiences or recommendations for good HD Wireless Micro or Stealth BI compatible IP Cameras?
Does it have to be wireless? where are you going to be using them? how will you power them? How small?

earl.foote

n3wb
Reaction score
Preferably wireless yes. Either a micro size or a stealth cam like the ones hidden in motion sensors or smoke alarms. They will be used indoors. Would love something battery powered but can supply power to them if need be.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Preferably wireless yes. Either a micro size or a stealth cam like the ones hidden in motion sensors or smoke alarms. They will be used indoors. Would love something battery powered but can supply power to them if need be.
Forget battery powered..
Remember that any camera can be made wireless by simply using a wifi bridge...
Blue iris will work with almost any camera that pumps out a video stream...ask the seller for the rtsp url...if the camera works with vlc it will work with blue iris...you can build your own unit with one of these http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1812-Review-TOP-201-Super-Mini-720P-HD-IP-Cam-(The-Cheapest-IP-Cam-So-Far-!!)
not sure if there is a pinhole model for that...there are a bunch of pinhole ip cameras on aliexpress that will probably work as well...
You dont mention budget..this hikvision camera will certainly work with blue iris and is about 180...it does have a large box attached to the camera, but it provides an sd card slot as well as poe...The cameras is available with three heads two of which are pinholes as well as two cable lengths, 2m and 8 meters...the price will vary depending on the lens choice as well as cable length but should be about 180...

Clipbrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Did this thread ever go anywhere ??

I need a 1080p, WiFi camera, small enough to fit into an existing clock, fairly wide angle lens, minimum 3.6mm, good maybe 2.1mm.
To be recorded by BI, SD card NOT required.

Power (any voltage) will be supplied from the 120vac within the clock...

Thanks..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did this thread ever go anywhere ??

I need a 1080p, WiFi camera, small enough to fit into an existing clock, fairly wide angle lens, minimum 3.6mm, good maybe 2.1mm.
To be recorded by BI, SD card NOT required.

Power (any voltage) will be supplied from the 120vac within the clock...

Thanks..
any camera can be made wifi with a small wifi bridge.

Clipbrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I've read that response before, but again there is no direction to such a device.
A wifi bridge to me is an access point or re-using a old router as an access point, certainly won't fit in most clocks.
I'm sorry but I am unable to find a "small wifi bridge" even on google..

Reaction score
Yes, I've read that response before, but again there is no direction to such a device.
A wifi bridge to me is an access point or re-using a old router as an access point, certainly won't fit in most clocks.
Search Amazon for 'travel router' and you will find several devices for many different prices, but all rather compact.

This one is QUITE small, and very flexible, and inexpensive, as well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you dont have to fit it into the clock just as your cant fit a power supply for the camera into the clock.