Blue Iris computer as NetTime server - Are Dahua cameras checking in and synchronising time - not sure

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm following on from my last thread, but I thought it was worthy of a new thread. I now have 8 Dahua cameras installed, Blue Iris running things and setup as a time server. Each camera is setup to access the Blue Iris computer as the time server. When checking the live view from Blue Iris, none of the embedded times are the same as you'll see in the following screenshot.

2020-12-16-TimeStampsDifferent.PNG

At the Dahua camera webpage the Time settings are as follows (all cameras are setup this way):

2020-12-16-Dahua-TimeSetting.PNG

The IP 192.168.30.99 is the Blue Iris computer. My understanding of the above setting is that every 10 minutes, the cameras are to check the Blue Iris computer (time server) and the date/time of the cameras adjusted accordingly.

Here are the NetTime settings:

2020-12-16-NetTime-settings.PNG

Is there something that I'm missing? How do I know if the cameras are in fact checking the time of the Blue Iris computer? All cameras are on the same subnet as the Blue Iris computer.

Steve.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set Logging level to debug or verbose After a few hours look at the log.
Also set different time servers like time.google.com

Is the BI computer connected directly to the Router? If so the firewall may be blocking the local port and request.

Last edited:

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Set Logging level to debug or verbose After a few hours look at the log.
Also set different time servers like time.google.com

Is the BI computer connected directly to the Router? If so the firewall may be blocking the local port and request.
Thanks SouthernYankee. Where do I find the 'Logging level' setting?

Yes, will now search for some additional time servers.

Yes, BI computer connected directly to the router (UDM Pro). I have a rule where the cameras can't dial out but they should be able to talk to the BI computer. I've checked, setting up a laptop computer on the same subnet as the cameras, and I was able to ping the BI computer from the laptop computer. Therefore I'm assuming the cameras on the same subnet can talk to the BI computer.