Blue Iris computer ---> dual NICs

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For refurbished machines on eBay, where and what specs do you look for to see if the product has built-in dual NICs or not?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally the intel network cards are a safer bet although they are usually a bit more expensive.
Yep gotta agree, don’t go for an unknown brand as it will most probably not give you the throughput of a “proper” gigabit card.

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone! I was really hoping I could find someone in our area who could do this job (Central Texas Folks.... recommendations), but it looks like I'm going to have to do it myself ‍♂ Probably start with 30 or so cameras... The dual NICs will hopefully save some time on the networking side of things.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this will work with Windows 10 for BI? If some of these Amazon reviews they are saying this Intel network card does not work with Windows 10.
It is Amazon reviews LOL - I suspect it is user error on the part of the person.

Intel isn't some off brand no name device LOL

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this will work with Windows 10 for BI? If some of these Amazon reviews they are saying this Intel network card does not work with Windows 10.
Of the four 1-star reviews, 2 reported counterfeit cards and 2 stated Win 10 no drivers....I'll wager that all 4 were fake cards. Just buy from a reputable vendor and if they don't have the anti-counterfeit labels, return them.....that's the biggest reason I tolerate amazon's hinky shipping policies.

You don't think a genuine Intel NIC would NOT be Win10 compatible, do you? :wtf:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got a multi port server PCI-express card, plenty available on eBay and you get the occasional cheap one on FB marketplace.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, I had a couple that I had to recycle recently that were Intel that weren't Win10 compatible. They do indeed exist, they just have to be really old. :)
Of course.
No way in Win 7 days to be clairvoyant and know what it takes to work as a Win 10 driver.
There's fakes and counterfeits everywhere..even on amazon.com...it's a real "caveat emptor."

jec6613

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best NIC to get is an i350 based server pull, if you can manage it. I perfer the HPE ones myself. eBay is flooded with the things, but virtually everything on Amazon that says i350 is a fake.