Blue Iris Config Questions

jaredtizzle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

So I'm trying to setup blue iris to only trigger recording when there is motion detected. I have some masks, hotspots and zones configured. The problem is, that the cameras are almost ALWAYS triggered by something like a car driving past, that is outsize of the "hotspot" and in Zone A, Never crossing to zone B. As you can see in the video, I'm recording/getting alerts for every car that drives by, and that isn't very fun!
https://sendvid.com/6rilvzw8
Thanks for any help, I know I'm probably not doing all of this correctly, hopefully I can learn how to do it right!
D50oT4J.jpg
TyxyqiU.jpgbqjTm5L.jpgRjIekgP.pngDiNWdfJ.png

Attachments

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the BlueIris help file:
When motion occurs in the hotspot zone, it is exempt from further analysis and will immediately trigger the camera. Use the hotspot zone with reserve as it is likely to produce a large number of false-positives.

It could be that a passing cars headlights, or shadow or reflected sunlight is triggering the hotspot area. I would remove the hotspot, and work with the other zones.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look at your wall on the far right of the clips when a car goes by. The car changes the luminosity of the image and since you have a hotspot setup, you are going to trigger every time. Take out the hotspot for now and adjust your zones A and B to be a similar shape to the hotspot zone and keep the object cross zones rule and see if that helps.

As a test of your current clips, you can right click on the clip while being played back in BI and choose to run it through the motion algorithm to see where BI thinks the motion is coming from.