Blue Iris connection problem

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had a blue iris system for several years using AT&T as my ISP with speeds less than 20 mps. Recently got fiber optics thru Point Broad Band, 300 Mps which is great. Only problem is they do not offer a static IP address in my area so now blue iris is not going out to the web. I had a professional IT tech come out and switch over from ATT to Fiber. I have a ubiquiti wifi router. He was unable to get the cameras to go out to the web also. So he went to ipcam talk and set up a static ip address with them for my cameras to work through it. When I check the IP address thru IPChicken.com, it is staying the same. However when you go through the BI set Up it cannot verify the IP or the Server which should show up as "Blue Iris". Checked through canyouseeme.org and it failed. Does anyone a fix for this. I get the sound push notifications on my phone but I cannot pull up the cameras. Thanks

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this only an external problem? You can still access BI from your local network? Also, you are paying for a static ip and you confirmed you are getting it?

If it’s an external network issue you still have to port forward in your router to your BI installation so WAN traffic can access it.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I can see them on lan and its odd because I get sound notifications on my phone outside of the lan, just can't see camera's. I don't I am paying for the static ip address, if I am he did not say. I am not a paid member on IP cam talk but I am a member. My IT/WIFI tech said he had checked every setting and everything looked good to him internet wise and he is not to familiar with the blue iris side of things.