Blue Iris Connection Questions.....

EmptyWallet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure your BI app on your iphone the WAN ip is the same as the LAN ip... 192.x.x.x or whatever. I was having issues today as I just finally setup OpenVPN (pfsense box) and Blue Irish.

So at your house make sure you disable wifi on your iphone. Make sure in the BI app that both your LAN and WAN ips are the LAN (makes no sense). Connect to OpenVPN, open up BI app... hopefully that works :)
I'm working through setting up Blue Iris now. I'm running a box with pfSense 2.4.1 as my main firewall/router at the house, and have OpenVPN configured on it, as well as OpenVPN Connect on my iPhone.

Turning wifi off on my phone so that I'm connecting remotely, I turn on OpenVPN connect, and get connected to my router over cellular.

I've got my router to assign 192.168.3.1/24 to VPN devices, so my phone gets 192.168.3.2, from there I fire up Blue Iris...enter in my UN/PW combo into the PC-App and the Mobile App, enter my WAN IP and LAN IP from the PC-App into the Mobile App....and nothing.

It's not until I change the WAN IP in the Mobile App to match the LAN IP in the PC-App & the Mobile App....that it connects.

That makes no sense to me as indicated above. Why does this work?