Blue iris cpu usage when camera are triggered?

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 12 camera system , it does 24/7 continuous recording directly to desk , 15fps I am using substreans when it has no motion detected it uses approximately 18% of the CPU, as soon as motion is detected/triggered on one camera it jumps up to 70% and on two cameras at the same time it jumps to 100% the system is 6700 with a NVIDIA quadroo 1000 for AI 32 GB of ram . Any thoughts thank you?

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any thoughts thank you?
I would guess that your AI settings aren't tuned correctly. You probably have the default object model and all the custom models firing concurrently on each camera. You generally only want one model per camera.

Plus it's also possible that you don't have CodeProject.AI configured with a module using the GPU. Do you know for sure that it's using the GPU? Did you correctly install the CUDA drivers and verify that CPAI is using them?

Post screenshots of your CPAI dashboard. Also please post screenshots of the global AI settings in Blue Iris and then the AI settings of one of your representative cameras.

I'm sure we can track down the problem(s) from there.