Blue iris crashing after a couple seconds

jeffseine

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a power failure today, and while the power was out, I hooked it up to a ups. I have had blue iris running on a new server flawlessly for two weeks now, but after the power came back on, blue iris crashes within a couple seconds of starting up.

It will boot into the GUI, and everything is working (cameras are showing), then after a couple seconds it shuts down or crashes. Not sure how I could tell the difference. If i start it up again, it does the same thing. The time period that it opens for seems consistent.

I have blue iris tools, and the watchdog will continue bringing up blue iris after it crashes. It is a never ending loop.

Any ideas? I have windows auto updates turned off, so there shouldn’t have been an update that killed it.

Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a power failure today, and while the power was out, I hooked it up to a ups. I have had blue iris running on a new server flawlessly for two weeks now, but after the power came back on, blue iris crashes within a couple seconds of starting up.

It will boot into the GUI, and everything is working (cameras are showing), then after a couple seconds it shuts down or crashes. Not sure how I could tell the difference. If i start it up again, it does the same thing. The time period that it opens for seems consistent.

I have blue iris tools, and the watchdog will continue bringing up blue iris after it crashes. It is a never ending loop.

Any ideas? I have windows auto updates turned off, so there shouldn’t have been an update that killed it.

Thanks in advance.
backup settings and find your license key...uninstall then reinstsall.