Blue Iris Crashing on start after Intel Video Driver Update w/ Quick-Sync

protivakid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I updated my Intel HD 530 video driver to ver. 24.20.100.6286 from August 2018. With this driver Blue Iris will not even start with Intel Hardware Acceleration enabled. I just see a splash screen and then the BI service in task manager crashes. To even get back into Blue Iris' control panel I had to disconnect the network cable so that it could not attempt loading the video streams, that let me back in. After playing around I reverted back to driver version 23.20.16.4877 from Dec 2017 which did work fine with acceleration enabled. Some change between Dec 17 & Aug 18 in the Intel driver's has broken Quick-Sync in Blue Iris at least for me. I was not able to find any download links to drivers in-between to narrow it further. Even finding the driver's from 2017 was difficult but I got them here: Intel HD & Iris Graphics Drivers Version 23.20.16.4877 WHQL

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Intel only seems to keep files a year back so their site didn't help. I was able to find them at the link above. My point of the post was more to notify the developer(s) that there is a potential issue so they can look into fixing it. As of now I have a work-around.
The developer (it's a one man operation) does not read this board.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any better ways to get feedback to them? I thought Amcrest had something to do with Blue Iris, no?
Send an email from within the BI about page.
Amcrest has no connection to BI.
Amcrest resell's Dahua products with some of Dahua features stripped out of the firmware.
The issue with Intels drivers has been going on for a couple of years. It's Intels crappy code writing.